The Knox County Dental Program
offers low cost dental care for those who qualify. Priority is given to those who need dental care for the control of pain and infection, or to improve employability, and to children in need. There is a waiting list.
*The Dental Clinic does not provide emergency services*
What do we provide?
• Exams, cleanings, and X-rays by a dental hygienist
• Fillings and extractions local volunteer dentists or by referral to the dentists at Waldo County Dental Care in Belfast
• Acrylic partials and dentures at reduced rates for those who qualify
• Children and adults ages 55 and younger who live in Knox County or the border towns of Waldoboro or Lincolnville with income at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines, click here for guidelines.
• Do not have dental insurance, or are on MaineCare
How much does it cost?
• Adults: $10 or $20 per visit depending on your income, click here for guidelines
• Medicaid or Cub Care- insured children: $5 per visit
• Partials and Dentures $100 per bridge
How do I set up an appointment?
• Fill out an Application Form and return it to the Knox Clinic, 22 White St. Rockland, ME 04841 with the appropriate fee (see above). The Clinic will then schedule an appointment for you.
• To Get an Application: (we have updated our applications, if you have downloaded an application before, please refresh your application page so you are sure to get the newest version.)
• Click Here to print an ADULT Dental Application. (pdf)
• Click Here to print a CHILD Dental Application. (pdf)
• Call the Knox Clinic at 207-921-6992, leave your name and mailing address and an application will be mailed to you
• Stop by the Knox Clinic and pick one up
Dental Clinic is at 1019 Commercial Street (Rt. 1) in Rockport. Click Here
for Directions to the Dental Clinic. The direct phone number to the dental clinic is 207-593-1699.