Mental Health & Wellness Program
*In an emergency, call the Maine State 24 hour crisis hotline 1-888-568-1112*
The Knox Clinic’s Mental Health & Wellness Program offers wellness education and disease management through short term counseling and community resources.
Call 921-6993 to reach Judith Hatch-Orme, LCSW, the Knox Clinic’s Mental Health and Wellness Coordinator. This program does not have a staff psychiatrist.
What do we provide?
• Short-term counseling with volunteer counseling providers: the Coordinator of this program will assess your concerns and then determine with you the course of care services.
• Wellness Wednesdays: Join us at 22 White St. in Rockland from 4:15-5:30p.m. every Wednesday for reiki, chair massage, ear acupuncture and more! Rotating group offerings such as Qi Gong and yoga are often available for free at 4pm every Wednesday at the Dancing Elephant on 16 School St. Please call 207-921-6993 or visit our Knox County Health Clinic Facebook page for current offerings.
• Complementary Medicine Practice: clinic patients have the opportunity to learn and experience healing practices such as therapeutic massage, acupuncture, and homeopathy. Benefits can include stress reduction, reduced pain, and relief from anxiety and depression.
• Health Management: clinic patients can meet with a nurse educator to privately discuss concerns such as diabetes, cholesterol, weight issues, breathing difficulties, smoking cessation and much more. More time can be spent focusing on your health and wellness goals.
How much does it cost?
• Many of the services are complementary - however, some providers may request a small fee for service depending on your budget. You can discuss this with the Program Coordinator.
How do I set up an appointment?
• Call 207-921-6993 to do a brief intake over the phone and set up an initial visit.