Low Cost Dental Care
The Knox Clinic Dental Program offers low cost dental care for those who qualify. Priority is given to those who need dental care for the control of pain and infection, or to improve employability, and to children in need. There is a waiting list.
*The Dental Program does not provide emergency services*
What do we provide?
- Exams, cleanings, and X-rays by a dental hygienist
- Fillings and extractions with local volunteer dentists or by referral to the dentists at Waldo County Dental Care in Belfast
- Acrylic partials and dentures at reduced rates for those who qualify
- You live in Knox County, Waldoboro, or Lincolnville –If you are not a resident of Knox County, you might find a program that you qualify for in this guide published by the Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention (“Dental Clinics and Services for Maine Residents“) (pdf)
- Your familiy’s earnings are at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines — click here for guidelines.
- You are either on MaineCare or do NOT have private dental insurance
- You are between the ages of 1 and 55 years old. If you are over 55 years old you must be working at least 20 hours a week.
How much does it cost?
- Adults: $10 or $20 per visit depending on your income, click here for guidelines
- MaineCare or Cub Care- insured children: $5 per visit
- Partials and Dentures $100 per bridge
How do I set up an appointment?
- Fill out an Application Form and return it to the Knox Clinic, 22 White St. Rockland, ME 04841 with the appropriate fee (see above). The Knox Clinic will then schedule an appointment for you.
To Get an Application: We have updated our applications, if you have downloaded an application before, please refresh your webpage so you are sure to get the newest version.
- Click Here to print an ADULT Dental Application. (pdf)
- Click Here to print a CHILD Dental Application. (pdf)
- Call the Knox Clinic at 207-301-6992, leave your name and mailing address and an application will be mailed to you
- Stop by the Knox Clinic or the Dental office and pick one up
The Dental Program office is at 1019 Commercial Street (Rt. 1) in Rockport. Click Here for Directions to the Dental Program office. The direct phone number to the dental office is 207-593-1699.
Knox Clinic Program Services