Update on Medical Clinic Location:
For over 20 years Maine Family Planning has generously donated their space to house our volunteer Medical Clinic on Wednesday evenings. As highlighted in a recent press release Family Planning is relocating to 41 Buttermilk Drive, in Thomaston so that Pen Bay Healthcare can develop the space for walk in care. We are very grateful to Pen Bay Healthcare as they are continuing Family Planning’s tradition and will be letting us use the medical space on Wednesday evenings!
There may be some unusual clinic nights as we get through the construction/transition phase; however we have a resourceful crew committed to serving the underserved. A HUGE thank you to Maine Family Planning for providing a welcoming home for our medical clinic for over two decades!
The Medical Clinic is open every Wednesday evening with volunteer medical providers from 5-8 p.m. except on holidays. Patients must make an appointment in advance to be seen, please call 207-301-6996 to set up an appointment.
What do our volunteers provide?
- General medical care– everything from pre-employment physicals to chronic care for diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
- Evaluation by a social worker and referrals to other social agencies.
- Referrals to medical specialists for labs, x-rays, and other tests.
Patients who have:
- An income at or below 200% poverty level, click here for guidelines
- No insurance, or a high-deductible insurance plan
How much does it cost?
- Free, $5 or $10 (on a sliding scale) depending on your income, click here for guidelines
How do I set up an appointment?
- Call 207-301-6996 to do a brief intake over the phone. The medical clinic is only one night a week, so we may be booking appointments a few weeks out.
Directions to the Medical Clinic: Click Here
Knox Clinic Program Services